A long, long time ago I had determined that, in regards to baby showers, "polite society" behaves rudely towards same sex siblings. It was with great sadness that my second daughter's baby book had no group celebration to welcome her. On those pages, I tried to explain the reason, drew a stick person in a shower, and promised that she would receive many during the course of her lifetime.
Though I chose a light-hearted approach for Erin's sake, my heart had set the course for our grandchildren. We have had the privilege to host a baby shower for each of our five grandchildren: Malachi Luke Dinkel, Isaiah Mark Dinkel, Sofia Eleanor Cushenbery-Andrews, Samara Jayne Dinkel, and Stella Inez Cushenbery-Andrews.
For our last grandchild, we are planning her celebration on October 8th. Sara and Nathan are still deciding her first name; her middle name, Lois, is named after my paternal grandma.
My grandma was the best woman on earth, in my opinion. She was kind, gentle, generous, and lived her life serving others.
I admit to going all out when it comes to parties. I love to create a memory that is not magazine cover material, but one that can be found on a page in a book that proves that people celebrate at the thought of you.
Ahh, I didn't know "Lois" was going to be her middle name. What a legacy Great Grandma left. All of the mentioned adjectives about her are so very true. She was an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see another one of "Janice's parties". You certainly know how to throw the best! Party time =)