Good autumn day to anyone who happens upon this blog or is kind enough to purposely visit in order to read my first blog post. My daughter, Erin, believed that it would be a good idea for me to create a blog so that I could write about our upcoming trip for next year. Also, she believed that it might slow me down in the internet shopping pace I have built up over the last few years.
At this time last year, Terry (the love of my life for 31 years and counting) and I took a trip to celebrate our love and my 50th birthday. As with any vacation, we had to scale back the dreams to a more practical itinerary. With that process, we chose to spend a week in Austria and a week in Paris.
A little sidelight, I have never been a fan of even the thought of Paris. In fact, I have voiced much skepticism and criticism towards Paris. People would say how romantic it was. I had the mindset that any place can be romantic if you have the right person. That is true, but after being part of the population for just that one week, I have fallen in love with the city. It is the first place that I have ever been to that my heart says, yells, "I belong here!" My senses were awakened, some were resurrected, and one, "common sense", just flew out the window.
So come what may, we are in great hopes to return to Paris and spend a month soaking it in.
We plan and prepare, even with that little voice in the background whispering that it may not happen. The company Terry works for might "stupid" themselves out of business. Health can dive. Etc., add nausea ;)
So with all that being said, I plan on trying to blog our journey before leaving, possibly during the escape, and probably not afterwards. One can only stand so much! ~€
Yay for the website letting me post comments!!! Wonderfully worded post there, Mother-Dearest. Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement, ilttle one;)
ReplyDelete